I am NOT NOT NOT a big promoter of New Year’s resolutions! I really think that you simply set yourself up for failure when you say “I’m absolutely going to do this and that and some other thing”.
That being said here are my 5 GOALS for this coming year.
(Did you see that, I’m making GOALS for myself … NOT unrealistic demands upon my psyche!!! I’m a good girl. THANK you Psych 101!!!)
*side note: before I go on, I am going to be posting about the Holidays and my Yule ritual. I’m getting all the info together. It’s easy to do, more difficult to describe. Thanks for your patience! Now … onto the goals …
1. I am going to try to be more diligent about following my healthier food choices. (Just so you all know, I’m currently down 15 lbs. I’ve taken 3 inches of my waist and hips. I’ve also taken 1 inch off my biceps and neck. Another 5 inches off of each thigh. I just measured myself this morning, and I’m literally GOBSMACKED!!! I knew I’d lost weight, but seeing it in inches is amazing!)
2. I am going to set a goal of working out 3 to 6 times a week.
3. I am not going to beat myself up if I fail to follow my healthier eating plan or if I decide I just don’t want to walk another mile on the treadmill this week!
4. I am going to visit my parents more often … and NOT because I love playing the WII they got for christmas!
5. I’m going to try to try to keep an open mind about other people and their opinions.
Now … those are my five goals for the following year. I like them, because they’re goals, not a must-do-or-die list! Now … for those of you who loathe making resolutions, try just setting some goals. Don’t even set time frames other than the 12 month period of time. I think that’s a big enough limitation.
On a fun note, I went to the bookstore on Saturday and spent WAY too many monies! This is what I purchased:
1. Key Of Light by Nora Roberts (this is a replacement for the book that my dog knocked off the back of the toilet and into the toilet water. It happened while I was sleeping, neither the book nor the dog were salvagable! … Okay … the dog stays … for NOW!)
2. 2 book lights, I’ve been promising my mother one for some time.
3. The first three books of the Sword of Truth series. Wizard’s First Rule, Stone of Tears and Blood of the Fold.
4. I replaced another Nora Robert’s book of mine and for the bloody LIFE of me I cannot think of the name of it, but I needed it for my collection.
5. Finally, I got myself a new notebook/diary. It’s sparkly, flowery and fun. I like it alot.
Now … I’m off to read through some blogposts.
Merry Part and Brightest Blessings,